Shop America Alliance, the travel trade organization dedicated to promoting shopping, dining and cultural travel as the top tourism activities, is celebrating its 18th Anniversary as the leader in marketing shopping and dining tourism. Founded in 1998, Shop America (SAA) is a travel trade organization offering ongoing travel and tourism marketing support to its members and partners with programs that provide measurable ROI. The programs include partnerships, packaged tours development and sales, publishing, communications, research, public relations, meetings and events.
Representing leading retailers, brands, shopping centers, outlets and shopping destinations throughout North America, Shop America’s 2015 programs include:
• Shop America Magazine and Where to Shop guide published annually
• Shop America Tours— 175+ commissionable shopping, dining and cultural heritage packages and itineraries in 40 cities sold via major tour operators worldwide and at ShopAmericaTours.com
• MasterCard® Shop America Savings program with special discount offers at 75+ locations throughout the USA. New for 2015, participating Shop America partners will be showcased in MasterCard Priceless LA and Priceless Chicago programs.
• AAA/CAA Discounts & Rewards Shop America VIP partnership provides savings at dozens of participating shopping centers and outlets
• Shop America Tours Club—Thousands of members in this exclusive consumer club enjoy special savings and monthly contests promoted via social media and bi-monthly ShopTalk Ezine
• ONE Travel Conference for Shopping, Dining & Cultural Tourism—annual conference featuring executive level education, networking and the SASI-ONE Awards for marketing excellence. The next ONE Travel Conference to be held in September 2016.
• Participation in 15 major travel trade events and sales missions annually to market Shop America Tours and showcase Shop America partners including IPW, WTM London, WTM Latin America, #Next Travel Exchange, La Cita, NTA, ABA, Active America China, China Sales Mission, ONE Travel Conference, Go West Summit, Shop The World Canada, California Marketing Outlook Forum, Travel South International Showcase, RTO East and Expedia Partners Conference.
• Special focus on top international inbound markets with propensity to shop: Canada, China, UK, Mexico and Brazil.
• China Market opportunities: Thousands of Weibo followers, ShopAmericaTours.com.cn and East West Marketing-- Shop America’s China representative
• DIRECTIONS enews provides timely information and opportunities exclusively for SAA partners.
• The third annual USA Outlet Shopping Festival, providing special savings at top outlet centers and retailers, is produced by OutletBound.com and co-sponsored by Shop America Alliance. The festival will be held during Columbus Day weekend and Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, October 9-12, 2015.
“Shopping tourism continues to provide exceptional economic benefits to all engaged. Shop America’s role is to provide essential information, key contacts and expanded opportunities for our partners to enhance their success,” said Rosemary McCormick, founder and President of Shop America Alliance.
Expanding into the cultural and heritage tourism arena in 2005, Shop America Alliance co-produced the US Cultural & Heritage Tourism Summit with the US Department of Commerce/OTTI in Washington, DC and co-founded the US Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council (USCHT) in 2007. The strong correlation between shopping, dining and cultural & heritage tourism, as indicated by several research studies, led to more innovative collaborations including the ONE Travel Conference for Shopping, Dining and Cultural Tourism which was incorporated with the former Shop America Tourism Conference. Shop America president Rosemary McCormick’s book “Marketing Cultural & Heritage Tourism” was published by the Museum Store Association providing tools for increased effectiveness and developing partnerships. Shop America also co-publishes The Cultural Traveler guide annually in partnership with USCHT.
Shop America continues to grow its extensive network of partners to expand its marketing efforts including MasterCard Worldwide, US Travel Association, OutletBound.com, National Tour Association, ABA, Visit USA UK Committee, Discover America Canada, Mandala Research, Brand USA and National Travel and Tourism Office.
Shop America Tours works with top online travel agents and tour operators worldwide including Expedia, Orbitz, Gray Line, Tourico Holidays, Allied TPro, GTA, Mark Travel, Hotelbeds, Viator and more.
Shop America Alliance is the travel trade organization representing hundreds of the premier shopping tourism destinations, retailers, shopping centers and outlets in North America. Founded in 1998, Shop America Alliance produces the annual ONE Travel Conference and SASI-ONE Awards, publishes Shop America Magazine and The Cultural Traveler guide and markets more than 175 shopping tours in 40 cities. For more information, visit shopamericatours.com, theculturaltraveler.com and ONEtravelconference.com or call 707-224-3795.
Shop America Alliance Executive Advisory Committee 2015
Kathy Anderson, Anderson Retail Tourism Marketing
Bonnie Carlson/Jan Kroells, Bloomington MN CVB
Rose Hapanowich, Destiny USA
Pat Lee, Cherry Creek Center
Carolyn Feimster, CJF Marketing International
Petty Ziglin, Craig Realty Group
Gina Slechta, Horizon Group Properties
Kris Land, Kay Jewelers
Art Jimenez, Las Vegas CVA/Shop Las Vegas
Denise Thevenot, Louisiana Tax Free Shopping
Kate Birchler, Macerich Shopping Centers
Kristen Esposito, Macy's
Doug Killian, Mall of America
Laura Mandala, Mandala Research
Chris Szalay, The Outlet Shops at Grand River
Werner Escher, South Coast Plaza
Carolyn Petty, TaxFree Shopping Texas
Amy Drouillard, The Taubman Company
Melanie Rudin, Tourneau
Sheila Armstrong, U.S. Cultural & Heritage Tourism Marketing Council
Daphne Lange, Visit California
Alfredo Gonzalez, VISIT FLORIDA